PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 16:48
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, not thinking that at all.

Maybe we have a very different understanding of what a Project Manager is or does. There are junior roles too. My angle was the IT one and after working 10 years full-time in IT and another 8 or so alongside my flying career, I've seen pretty much every role at every level. I've worked alongside former nurses, beauticians, firemen and panel beaters who were afforded their first IT opportunity at the place I met them. There's no denying that most professional vocations are difficult to enter without experience but what are you saying? that graduates don't ever get such roles? Also, not every opportunity is sourced via an open to the public application form. Hint hint.

Clearly, not everyone is going to get a job as A, B or C. My angle is simple.... Most pilots are very ambitious, great communicators, excellent networkers and quick learners. If we want to move out of aviation or even just want to diversify our skillset, we have attributes that make our success more likely than most others.