PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 16:24
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anson harris
On Friday, in the supposedly civilised town that I live in, I walked past several street barbecues, all clearly mixing multiple households. So no, I don't think we very trustworthy, sadly. People have clearly had enough, no longer trust the incompetents that they overwhelmingly elected because Boris is a bit of a laugh and have decided to take policy into their own hands. The irony being that they were celebrating VE Day by putting at risk the very people that managed to survive WW2.
Part of the blame has to go on the opposition for the non-compliance right now - "tell us the plan" "how are we going to get out of lockdown" and the big one "treat the public like adults". So they published or leaked the plans. Result? - the "adult" public goes off half cocked down the planned route way earlier than they should. People are already talking about who is in their "bubble".

But it didn't start this weekend, far too many of us have been working-around or totally ignoring the lockdown since the beginning. I am in the shielding group (and no, for the benefit of other posters above, it's not because I only have months to live, with the pills I can expect decades, in fact normal life expectancy, with covid, probably worse odds than russian roulette) so I am not walking the streets, but I don't have to, just watching the neighbours from my windows, almost all of them have been having extended family or friends round to visit, but I've mostly given up ranting about it. Sad thing is they are all supposedly intelligent folk, it is likely none of them voted for Boris as this area is solidly middle-class liberal/labour voting and remainer.

It is just lack of social responsibility, the WWII veterans were asked to endure terrible things and risk (or lay down) their lives to save others, we're being asked to sit on our f**ing sofas to save others, and "wah wah it's too hard". Weird thing is, I think it's catching, because if we get through this and when boot is on the other foot and the covidiots want some social responsibility from me, I am now resolved to get every clarification, look for every loophole, invoke my human rights to do what I damned well want, and mutter loudly about karma while I'm at it.