PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 04:44
Banana4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fruitbat
Delta won’t be happy if their share of VS is wiped out in any administration process.
Delta won't care about their 49%, their primary interest will be in their own survival. Digging out a minority-owned subsidiary won't be top of their list, or second, or third, or fourth....

VA (just VA, I am going to use initials like most humans), is not a major player and therefore won't be HMG's primary occupation, no matter which website site owner flies in the left-hand seat.

I am not saying that I agree with any of the above, but HMG simply does not have the latitude to engage in secondary players. PAYE etc income will be immaterial and probably doesn't matter if BA or VA writes the monthly cheque to HMC&E. There's only so many people and planes that will be flying this time next month/year/decade, and it doesn't matter what the paint scheme is - it does matter if HMG is pissing good money after bad....

Then there is NATS, most of whom's income come from Trans-Atlantic routes, again, no matter what the paint scheme.