PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-2
Thread: Prestwick-2
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020, 18:47
GAPilot261087

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Feeling the pinch
Glad with immaturity shown in this post that you have moved on!!
Anyway for the record, SAM flights are far from new business (as you will know working Air Force 1 ;-))
More worrying is the fact that 8 of the last 10 CAF flights have operated from Belfast.
I am having a go, because I would like to know how that business could be swept up by a competitor on the doorstep, when they have operated successfully at Prestwick for 60 odd years.
On the airport sale, I am right in saying that it has stalled and is not signed off.
In respect of aircraft not being able to do circuits, again I am correct. P8, A400 and C130 refused touch and go circuits.

Sorry for not being all giggly that all is well at the airport, because it aint!

Enjoy flying your Cessna GA boy.
As far as I am aware those Sam flights would have normally went through Belfast... or does that not fit your agenda ?

I could actually tell you why that business went there, I've heard first hand. But I have better things and smarter people to discuss with.

Yes you are correct it's stalled, but given that some senior management figures don't even know the in's and out's of the proposed sale yet, I find it hard to believe how you could know anything that signifies "The End"

The p8's tend not to book circuits and show up the A400 and C130 didn't do circuits in Aberdeen either I'm told. Unless you have factual record of them specifically requesting circuits and being denied here then again, you make baseless assumptions.

You say I'm immature ? lol... I'll remember your suggestion about the Cessna...when I finish my training as a IR/commercial pilot later this year... Gonna miss those cessna's (although I prefer Pipers and Diamonds) I'm starting to envy the role as expert aviation consultant in the future though, I'm inspired by this thread. Time to fix this abhorrent idea that Prestwick not handle every flight north of the equator. Something must be done about it. Outrageous. Pinchers and secret squirrels assemble

I'm all worn out now, gonna go drool over some Cessnas... lol, can't top that Not gonna reply to any more nonsense you come away with either, got paint to watch drying instead.