PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 9th May 2020, 13:24
Jet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBE8720
Can someone explain to me why ONLY the airline industry, according to the experts on this site, will have to enforce social distancong rules?

I am sitting on a train sharing a cabin with 4 complete strangers.
To get to the train station, I took a bus from the airport. On the bus, 3 or 4 people at least rubbed shoulders with me moving around. On the plane, I had people sitting within arms length distance of other passengers the entire flight.
To get to the plane, we were loaded onto a bus, standing room only. And there would have had to be 30-40 people o that bus.

I totally agree - if Social Distancing is required then it is as required on public transport as it is on an airplane. Which is why I dont understand some of the other rules that have been brought in in London. We have seen pavements widened by taking away one lane of traffic, they are talking about more roads blocked off for pedestrians, longer red light waits, more cycle lanes etc - all of these are going to increase congestion for cars at precisely the time when you want people to swap from public transport to private vehicles to allow for social distancing.

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of joined up thinking.