PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020, 07:32
autothrottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conference call

I think this conference call , chaired by aviation minister Kelly Tolhurst, could be VERY interesting. Very strange they bring this in now, but I’m really hoping it’s part of a phased approach whereby they reduce it gradually over a period of 3-4 weeks and it’s a targeted policy from certain destinations which ‘follows scientific evidence’ .However I doubt it is being thought through properly and is probably not being coordinated with other nations.

Strangley , the only people who use aviation that are not as affected here are retired, those at potentially more risk, as self isolation is not the end of the world after a trip away. Although the FCO ‘advice’ is not to travel , maybe they might relax some of this advice , allowing rules similar to Germany. Short trips no quarantine, longer ones 14 days quarantine. As it’s leaked , let’s see what actually comes out later.

This could genuinely finish commercial aviation without significant financial help from Government. Help they seem very reluctant to offer.

Last edited by autothrottle; 9th May 2020 at 07:52.