PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 14:10
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
Where is there anything written about Gatwick “throwing Wizz Air a deal”?

Looks like Wizz acknowledge that BA and Virgin won’t sell their slots, I’m inclined to believe the judgement of an airline CEO over a spotter who’s been posting negativity about any airport except Heathrow across a number of forum platforms for as long as I can remember.
Are you for real? You think the CEO of a major airline can’t see an airport desperate for a lifeline and knows he has them by the balls? I am also a marketing analyst who would say that the UK has had too much airport capacity in a fragmented state devoid of strategy for decades. Well guess what, the bubble just burst.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52566030

I’m not Mystic Meg, and yes I am a dour Scottish pessimist, so am not a fanboy. I support LHR as a national asset rather than a local airport like say SOU/BOU or LTN/STN, NCL/MME, MAN/LPL, PIK/GLA/EDI. Look at the overlap, that duplication won’t survive this downturn, this is the biggest recession anyone has alive has seen. I truly find it bonkers that somehow Wizz Air taking on BA at LGW is even registering?