PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 09:55
GAXLN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4eyed anorak
United are pencilled in to restart the Newark service on the 24th October this year. Will this be with a 757? If passenger levels grow to pre-Covid levels then they'll have to use a 763.
As stated earlier American are starting next year. That'll surely be a A321N?
Delta are due to restart again 2nd June this year with a 757. With them being the sole carrier across the Atlantic this summer could we possibly see it being changed to a 763, extra frequencies or, dare I say, 777?

Regards 4ea
All the evidence points to it being quite some time before demand returns to pre Covid-19 levels. I would be very surprised to see any transatlantic service return to Edinburgh before Summer 2021 at the earliest. As for Delta resuming on June 2nd, I would take that with a pinch of salt. The likelihood that they would operate a 777 this summer or for the foreseeable future therefore being exceedingly unlikely. Sad as it is, aviation is emerging into a new world and will struggle for some time to come I fear. United resuming on October 24th must also be unlikely, given the winter season yields that could be expected, and don’t forget any social distancing on aircraft will just make the financials a whole lot worse. Very difficult times indeed and the worst it has ever been for airlines.