PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas puts Project Sunrise on hold
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 03:53
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Dr dre. - I take your point but I think ‘debunked’ might be too strong a term.

Basically, I hope it’s completely innocent and the Chinese are victims of this, but I suspect that’s not the case.

Whether Xi, Kim or Blofeld concocted this or not, really is largely irrelevant. It has all the hallmarks of a military style ‘weapon’ and has literally stopped the (western) world in it’s collective tracks.

If it’s genuinely natural it will probably be easier to fight.

If it’s a military weapon or similarly created virus it will probably be very much harder to fight.

Until there is a vaccine the travel and hospitality sectors of the world economy are on life support.

This shows no sign of lessening it’s impact and anecdotal evidence suggests that this thing is just warming up in the US.

As of last week there were 30 MILLION Americans out of work. These figures are incomprehensible. Aside from the drain on the public purse, from Pilots perspectives that’s 30MILLION likely not spending (forget travelling) for Thanksgiving, Christmas of course far worse - that’s international, Europe looks like Depression ++ so far (and that worked out well last time!) Aussies not going to Europe, it’s staggering. Not postponed spending either, but cancelled.

We’ve got Depression Era unemployed but we did it in 4 weeks, not 4 years. Jobs lost, but also money lost - evaporated, never to be seen again.

My main point is the only way out is a vaccine. Tested and manufactured in enough quantities to be meaningful. Until that happens there will be little to base a future on.