PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coming Battle
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2020, 17:18
Dilbert68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In light of the world situation for pilots at the moment, I can’t see any scenario that would give us leverage for improvement in our COS.

I do, however, agree that any cuts or concessions should be temporary to help the company through the current situation. The market for pilots has always been fluid and volatile, cut too much and all the experienced pilots will leave when they are able. The world will fly again, airlines will need pilots.
There will always be applicants to CX, regardless of how poor the package is, look at who we have hired in the past three years.

Management seems to think that these airplanes fly themselves and anyone can do it, this is simply not the case. The level of experience in our flight decks is alarming and shedding even more experienced pilots will not end well. Think Korean air of the 90’s, front page pictures of burnt and twisted airplanes doesn’t do well for the airlines image.

I am more than happy to agree to concessions to weather this current crisis, it is unprecedented. Any concessions should be tied to a return to profitability which should signal their end.