PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair to cut 3,000 jobs
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 22:55
vikingivesterled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saulman
Utter nonsense. I suggest you read the shareholder report to see where Ryanair sit in terms of cost per pax in comparison to others. I think it’s the competitors who can’t fly empty airplanes.
I am well aware that Ryanair states they have the lowest costs in the industry. But that has nothing to do with my post. Everybody can fly profitably at 66% load. They just need a higher average fare.
O'leary is running his can't keep midle seat free line because according to him Ryanair can't make a profit with it. If he is unwilling og unable to recalculate what he needs to take to make a profit at 66% load and therefore keeps his planes grounded until he can sell the whole plane, others will be recovering faster by offering a more atractive proposition in a time where many potential passengers are looking more towards availability of social distancing than price sensitivity.
Ryanair could still find a price point under these airlines new higher level and attract pasengers if they are willing to accept the social distancing ground lules, or make alternative arrangements of physical separation instead of distancing.