PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair to cut 3,000 jobs
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 19:16
Saulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vikingivesterled
If Ryanair sticks to the all planes have to be at least 90% full business model it will take a long time before they'll come back. Many potential customers just won't be comfortable with being that close to others for a while. Other airlines will return faster and have a good foothold before Ryanair again can crowd the skies. And they won't be the only ones returning with reduced wages. .
Utter nonsense. I suggest you read the shareholder report to see where Ryanair sit in terms of cost per pax in comparison to others. I think it’s the competitors who can’t fly empty airplanes.
The only airline who can possibly grow from this, is Ryanair. £5.99 to Alicante will usually sway people’s opinions after being locked like a rat for months.
Many hate the thought of Ryanair. Yet, somehow I believe in the near future I’m going to have an ex BA/VA for company in the flight deck.

I just don’t see anyone ordering airplanes this year, other than Ryanair.. 2001 springs to mind. With Boeing cutting jobs, orders being cancelled I’m sure there’s a discussion to be had. London Gatwick would beg Ryanair to come back at this rate with a base.

I agree with the previous two posts, I can see Lauda having lay offs, possibly a few smaller base closures. The obvious way to cut the pay, is to remove the productivity bonus.