PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 12:20
Hoosten

Received 67 Likes on 21 Posts
They may be brutal but they are in any game to make money
What I have noticed and experienced from this time is that there are a bunch of financial institutions being pragmatic about this mess. I know of Macquarie being extremely accomodating with obligations. Maybe they're thinking: it's better to delay receiving payment and getting it in full, rather than repossessing an object, trying to re-sell in a non-existent market and getting sweet f@ck all? On a bigger scale, are lessors thinking this way? Dunno.

I've been extremely impressed with a number of organisations (big ones) and the relief they're providing. I've benefitted in a number of ways, I'll remember who's provided it and who hasn't. I'm sure business will be doing the same. This is a big time for reputations to be made and destroyed. Perth Airport comes to mind, what an embarrassment. I'm sure that when things are back on track and money's being made, the airlines will unite against these arse-clowns, it's started already. How are Sydney and Melbourne airports behaving? It'll be interesting.