PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 10:59
BACsuperVC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
I can't see any prospect of normality this year. Apart from entry restrictions, there will be reduced disposable incomes, and also travel insurance issues for the elderly or medically compromised. The low cost model of pack 'em in herded at gates, pack 'em in on board and 25 minute turn arounds are surely a dead duck for the immediate future.
Even when flights restart, the demand is going to be unbelievably weak.
I can see easy, Ryanair & Jet2 operating some services from MAN but I don't think there is much hope for the likes of LPL & LBA. It wouldn't make sense for weak operations to be split over 3 nearby airports.
Long haul from MAN, aside from Middle East connections I can't see being viable- especially given the financial state of Virgin Atlantic.
Where this leaves the MAN TP project I don't know.
Aside from the shake out of airlines, surely the same applies to Airports ? I can see weak ops out of LGW,LHR, STN, BHX, MAN, EDI or GLA with freight at STN & EMA. How can the rest survive on one or two flights a day? Other than as parking places ?
Is this too pessimistic a view? I know we have to hope for the best & plan for the worst.
How many flights have LPL & LBA handled recently ? I may be wrong but even MAN only has roughly 5-6 regular flights a day in & 5-6 out. (KL,QR,PIA,BA,LM, RYR),
If the UK gets Corvid under control. Grant Shapps has said he is considering quarantine restrictions on inbounds & the fact he has also said he wouldn't book a holiday this summer- kind of nails the summer season.
Liverpool has been 2 flights a day to IOM with flights to Norway on Friday, Sunday and Monday generally. Wizz Air flights due to begin next week apparently.