PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 08:50
AKSAMAKSAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having the support of family and partners at this time is increasingly important, although what I really don't want is the sympathy vote, food parcels and embarrassed looks about birthday presents and household expenses. I have 2 young chidden, they don't understand the whole thing and it is important that we as parents send the message that "life goes on" .Accepting the fact it will probably be 18 months to 2 years before anything crops up on the aviation front I'm applying to places where I think I can adapt my skill set and become a team member, rather than try and work in isolation. My shots so far have been: NHS Paramedic training, Civilian Jobs at Police, National Trust park wardens, and Volunteer Life boat crew! rather selfishly I also considered roles which a 6 year boy may want his dad to do!. The world has changed, we have to change with it for our own sanity. My farther was 36 years in the Navy and when he retired at 95 he was literally a "lost soul", OK the armed forces have social clubs and venues for retired folks that allow them to bond and share war stories etc, but this was really to allow "decompression". I've a family regimented daily routine and keeping self discipline and standards will help if and when I get called up for an interview. Good luck to all..