PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 09:45
Mr Mac

Received 147 Likes on 91 Posts
ATNotts
I am still flying backwards and forwards to Germany on a reasonably regular basis (not as often as before) so staying longer either in UK or Germany. I have a resident permit for Germany which has allowed me to do this. The routing has been difficult, and I have used masks and gloves where required but all the terminals are extremely quiet be it London , Dublin, Copenhagen all of which I have used as there were no direct flights from Manchester. It will be interesting to see how things open up here, as they have started to do in Germany. With regards to testing I had that done last week in Manchester and was Covid free on Friday at least. Interesting experience and I understand why it takes so long as forms and to a degree diagrams are misleading. Indeed the forms have had a hand written on section Step 3B where Biohazard bag has been crossed out and sandwich bag written in and then another hand written note says to place this in the Bio bag. I hope they don,t get writer,s cramp, as doing that 100,000 per day is some set of lines ! You would have thought somebody would have vetted this before they printed it as the diagram for placing the sample in the test tube is also a little misleading. The culmination of this all occurs when you park up to do your samples and place them in the bags as instructed. If you have an issue you are to put the hazard warning lights on in your car and somebody will come over to help by either phone or sign , anyway it looked like Blackpool illuminations when I was there with so many hazards on !! We will have to see what Boris has to say later this week as to how the UK is going to come out of lock down.
Cheers
Mr Mac