PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:54
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illegal action

Originally Posted by RexBanner
Spot on. The moment they put us at risk they invalidated our agreement with them. We should now be receiving full pay, I’d like an answer to this too.
Yes, the Unions must be already looking at this aspect which is clearly another illegal action by BA.

See below from somebody who started the petition, I strongly agree with him re. BA setting a very dangerous precedent for the entire nation:

"
PETITION UPDATE

Its just goes from bad to worse

I wanted to thank all of you for the love and support you have shown all the British Airways workers here in the UK. I am totally blown away by how this has been picked up by you all. You are all heroes to those preparing to go to war with these corporate tyrants.

On a more personal note, BA's actions to me have massive ramifications for all of us here in the UK especially at this time of uncertainty. In a statement this week the Unite union and BALPA pilots union have their suspicion that British Airways is using the Corona-crisis as an excuse to rehire workers on low-paid so-called ‘zero hour’ contracts with no formal employment rights. This is as they get rid of over 12,000 staff. Reading this truly sickens me to the pit of my stomach to think someone has actually sat down and thought this up just to make money.

I can also confirm that the options given to staff (in laymens terms) are to take the new employment contract or your employment will be terminated simple as that.

This is not just a BA situation, this is a massive problem for every worker here in the UK. Think about it, if BA succeeds in this despicable course of action, it means any organisation with the same lack of morals and common decency like BA can take our Taxpayers money to cover costs then twist the employment law in their favor to rob you of any benefits and hire or fire you at whim. I can't help but feel that others are watching this and thinking this is a great strategy to make money from a global tragedy.

So my ask is simple please share this petition as much as you can. As the UNITED KINGDOM we all have a duty to tell this conglomerate of mercenaries that even in the worst of times we are one country standing shoulder to shoulder with one voice and we all simply say NO THANKS.

Be safe everyone we will all get through this as one nation.

Steve

PS More to follow "

Original link:
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johns...act/u/26532231