PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 3rd May 2020, 00:30
Built4Speed2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apples and pears

Originally Posted by Serenity
Such a terrible shame to the many friends I have at BA and a company held in high regards worldwide.

unfortunately others have done it better and cheaper for many years now and CV19 represents a
chance for BA to force through what they have tried several times previously, to lower costs and T&C.

I wish everyone the best of luck, but I’d be very surprised to see WW or AC in court to defend their actions.
Having seen the indifference and been a victim to the governments lax attitude toward aviation in this country to Monarch, Thomas Cooke and Flybe to name but a few recent victims, I think it is down to Balpa and Unite to stick to their guns.
Good Luck.
Bon Voyage.
serenity,

other than all being airlines do you see much similarity between BA and Monarch, Thomas Cook and FlyBe?

BA has, since IAG was born in 2011, contributed upwards of 85% total group profit of all IAG airlines (Iberia, Vueling, Aer Lingus). BA has in that time made almost €10billion in straight profit for the “group”. BA has the most efficient pilot scheduling agreement of the two other legacy airlines in the group.

IAG has Eur9.2bn of total liquidity at its disposal, around €8billion of that is from profits made by the loyal workers at BA. Others may do it “cheaper”, on a pro rata basis, but very few if any airlines have created as much wealth for their owners as the employees for BA. Yet here is where the axe will fall, whilst other airlines in the group, who contribute a relative pittance, get state aid and remain intact, the highly profitable people at BA will have their lives permanently ruined (those that remain as well as those made redundant).

Welcome to Capitalism 2.0. Spawn from a global health pandemic, I hope the creators are remembered for all time alongside Hitler, Stalin, Mao and co.

Last edited by Built4Speed2; 3rd May 2020 at 01:26.