PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa too?
Thread: Lufthansa too?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:55
KleinerJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just saying that the numbers, puzzle or not, won't add up. At my airline a rough estimate of pilot labor cost is 48% of total labor obligation. If pilots gave the airline 3% of what it is they are looking for in cash to survive Covid, then the remaining labor groups (52%) would have to come up with the other 97%. Since there's an agreement that the pilots are paid quite high compared to other groups, I don't see that working. That makes the puzzle incomplete at the 10% mark if you're optimistic.
Therefore something else has to happen. Therefore, if this gets pushed through the pilots took a hit that was not necessary since hypothetically if the government is going to come up with 10 Billion Euros, they can surely come up with another 0.3 Billion euros (3%) and let the pilots keep their hard-fought labor agreement intact.
It's not all that simple, obviously, but when you consider that LH is seeking 10 Billion Euros to survive, it won't come from labor. Nowhere near. So don't even bother with labor concessions, it's a fear-tactic.