PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:30
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to go to specsavers again Skip, you have an uncanny knack of spinning a reply to a question or observation that never formed part of the original comment. Wishing a business to fail is of course complete nonsense.IATA, ICAO , Eurocontrol are all forecasting massive reductions in passengers numbers flown , the severity will of course depend on how long the pandemic lasts, the economic impact, consumer confidence etc but assuming LHR suffers a 40% reduction we are looking at figures comparable with LGW who previously managed those number on a single runway. The business case for attracting on-costs based on the luxury of two runways would have to be robust for any business to bare.

You are right to point out that of course that this may of course sound the death knell for LGW, its more than possible to see a migration of all long haul to LHR
and not beyond the bounds of possibility to see the like of EZY move their whole operation assuming into LHR they can get landing fees comparable to their current agreement, I do concede that a substantial switch may of course sway figures back to there current level pre pandemic.My assumption was based on a pre pandemic scenario.

My single runway assertion was based on this being one hell of a slog !

Last edited by Navpi; 2nd May 2020 at 12:18.