PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Pilots
Thread: Future Pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 06:26
jpsingh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think I fit in the “Future Pilots” category as I retired in Mar 2018 so more like “ Past Pilots”. There are pilots of all hues. Some of them are there for the Love of flying, others for the money and the glamour. I have been through the Indian Air Force and have flown everything from Gliders to Fighter jets. In 1993 took premature retirement and after obtaining ATPL joined civil Aviation . Started with cargo Airlines and flew later with domestic Airlines in India and flew for Oman Air for the last nine years. Flying is a profession like none other . It is demanding and challenging and that is why it is so exhilarating and satisfying! Its not a job per se
Its profession ,hobby ,pleasure all rolled into one. If some young man is attracted to it for money and glamour, I think it will take a bit of time .It took about 4 years after 9/11 when the damage was localised . Now when the pandemic is worldwide the recovery may take a lot longer. The business traveller has also learnt that you can achieve better efficiency by video conferencing. We can all expect a new Normal. Cargo Airlines will continue to be in demand and cruise ships may actually pick up because they can have better facilities in terms of medical and social distancing . Wish you luck and in the end too much planning some times doesn't necessarily mean a good decision. As per aerodynamic Laws , a bumble bee should not be flying but the bumble bee does not know aerodynamics so it flies anyway! Cheers !