PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 14:31
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Richard for sharing this with us, it is good to see EasyJet making a quicker move than we perhaps expected to be upfront about this.

However, picking out some of what has been mentioned.

Originally Posted by Richard Kenneth Reed
CAE have been made aware of this decision, and they will be in touch with you directly about your options now which will include transferring you onto a CAE ATPL programme.-----I know this will be a very difficult time for you due to the uncertainty that lies ahead and I am sorry we cannot proceed as planned. However I can confirm that your easyJet selection results will still stand for the next 12 months while we navigate through this difficult period so, when we start hiring again, you will be amongst the first to be selected.
Anyone considering to transfer to the CAE ATPL programme as some sort of alternative/next best thing after the UKs largest airline has stopped recruiting for an indefinite period is sorely mistaken and it's disappointing that they are happy to sell people down this path currently whilst thousands of pilots are set to lose jobs, but again we must view flight training as business not a charity that of course will sell their product even if there are no jobs to graduate in to as CAE stand to lose serious levels of revenue also and sadly staff too. I seriously hope nobody with a clear head reading that would even contemplate doing an untagged course until at least Q4 2020 when we have a clearer idea of this crisis, unless you've recently won the lottery.

As for the selection results, Gatwick Airport, Norwegian and IATA alike are suggesting at the earliest it will be Q1 2022 before any significant amount of normality might be expected. The fact that results will stand for just 12 months is likely just lip service and in reality means the process will be re-started from scratch whenever the magic time comes to actually recruit new pilots which given those that will lose their jobs and those in training currently, could be a good few years. Time to focus on the other career methinks, and come back to all this when the bloodbath is over. But thanks for sharing.