PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 12:04
Richard Kenneth Reed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPL Update

Just as an update I have just received the following letter from Easyjet. I passed stage 3 in Feb so was yet to get a start date.

Firstly I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. I trust that you are finding ways to make good use of your time whilst your training has been suspended.

We can all see the scale and impact this virus is having on every part of our society and our economy. The travel industry has in particular been hit badly and it may take a long time to fully recover, even after restrictions are lifted. I am quite sure that you personally are extremely worried about what this means for your future as a pilot. You will no doubt have seen that easyJet has grounded its entire fleet, and most of our employees are furloughed or on extended leave. We have been very focused on preserving cash in order to be able to ride out a prolonged grounding. As part of these cash preservation measures we have completely frozen all recruitment across the business.

I am writing to you following your successful selection to join the Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme (GePTP). Unfortunately, as a result of the impact of the pandemic, we have had to take the difficult decision to suspend the GePTP programme which means that your progression will be stopped at this time. CAE have been made aware of this decision, and they will be in touch with you directly about your options now which will include transferring you onto a CAE ATPL programme. If you have paid a deposit to CAE in respect of the GePTP programme, CAE will refund this to you

I know this will be a very difficult time for you due to the uncertainty that lies ahead and I am sorry we cannot proceed as planned. However I can confirm that your easyJet selection results will still stand for the next 12 months while we navigate through this difficult period so, when we start hiring again, you will be amongst the first to be selected. I’m afraid I can’t tell you when that might be yet as it will depend on how quickly the world recovers from this event.

Whilst I am absolutely certain that airlines will recover, as air travel is so important in our societies, it is also clear that the recovery process is going to take some time. This means that the career that you have chosen will still be there for you – but it may take some time before you are in a flight deck of a commercial airliner. My advice to you would be firstly, remain optimistic and secondly, once flying commences and opportunities arise anywhere, go for them. Don’t sit back and wait for your dream flying job to come to you.

In the meantime stay safe, keep your enthusiasm for flying and at the earliest opportunity try and get in the air!