PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 29th Apr 2020, 11:52
Joe le Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There’s another aspect that’s not discussed much and that’s the elder (older?) population.
Well, I'd say it is discussed, but in the form of telling the elderly what's good for them. The older population I have met and read about, mostly say they want lockdown lifted so they can LIVE, see their friends and family, and accept the risks of covid.

So who are the vast c.90% who supposedly poll as wanting the lockdown to continue? (amazingly a poll today found almost a third would still want lockdown to continue, even if all the conditions for lifting were met)! I do suspect part of it amongst 21st century, cosseted working age populations (especially lucky ones still being paid for doing nothing), is due to a form of cowardice, and also an increasing sedentary laziness (who by so doing, are at increased risk by their own hand through obesity and poor fitness). Wind back a century and people would laugh at a threat with such a tiny mortality rate. The tunnel vision on number of deaths, is blinding politicians to the infinitely greater number of diminished LIVES, and angsty media is similarly blinding their populations.

Last edited by Joe le Taxi; 29th Apr 2020 at 12:07.