PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2020, 17:40
PilotMatt2020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the same boat as many of you. I was supposed to begin training on the easyjet MPL on 14th of April, but was told at the end of March that obviously this would be 'postponed' and a new start date would be confirmed in the next 'few weeks'. I'm not hopeful to be honest, when you step back and look at the wider situation you really do have to be realistic.

All has gone quiet since then, and CAE are extremely slow at responding to emails, as you'd expect at the minute (especially when you are asking the tricky questions). It's just a matter of waiting for now, at least until there are some firm plans for Europe starting to get back onto it's feet. Beyond that point will have its own challenges, so it's by no means a given that even if the course goes ahead that it wouldn't get pulled at some point during training - that is what worries me the most if I'm honest. CAE and easyJet will need to be very upfront with the terms and conditions surrounding this, because there is no way I'll be signing up to something that has a high chance of being pulled.

I agree with a few of the other comments above, we all know that everyone loves to voice their opinion on the industry, but just spouting constant 'negative spam' is counterproductive. No one is asking for sunshine and rainbows, but FACTS regarding CAE and/or easyJet is what this thread is about. For the good of everyone who is trying to use this thread for sharing information on this topic, we should keep it to just that. Finding good info is difficult at the best of times, but with all the extra 'crap' it's even more of a needle in a haystack than it needs to be.