PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VNA - expat pilots working without pay
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 23:13
morno

Received 310 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by ia1166
As always everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As far as I am aware the locals are on half pay. The management are unpaid. If they put all the locals on unpaid and this guy does all the operating flights for free then you have a point but i doubt this is the case.

There are almost no flights operating anyway. I cannot see how any locals are suffering extra because one expat makes this kind of offer.

Those of you using the scab name obviously don’t know the meaning of the word. The days of pilot picket lines outside airports are long gone. There is no basis for this moniker in the contract pilot world.

As for the thinly veiled threats that the local DPEs will lynch him. That just won’t happen, so stop the trolling and baseless threats.

lets keep this in perspective. There are no flights operating anyway.
Have you ever worked in Vietnam? They will get rid of him if they want to. I know of a pilot who even had someone break into his house at night, held a knife to his throat in his bed, and told him if he wasn’t out of the country in 2 days they’d be back. So don’t for one second think they won’t get someone to “deal” with you if you piss the wrong person off.

As for this apparently being ok, NO, it’s not ******* ok. I don’t care what’s going on in the world at the moment, you don’t fly for free. Especially a ******* airliner! It could well mean this idiot is taking away money from someone who really needs it. I know he’s potentially operating flights that I could be doing, so he’s taking money from me, he’s taking money from everyone.

I hope he is “dealt” with correctly and is put out of work.