PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 11:59
guy_incognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FZRA
happyjack hits the nail on the head. The boss of a small airline I used to work for purposely excluded pilot CV's from office type roles as he knew they'd have zero commitment to the company during an upturn.

From those who have actually made a move elsewhere, any tips on how to target non-aviation type jobs? I'm thinking specifically here about how to adapt a CV that only has flying or other aviation roles. It's all well and good saying that we've got the skills to be useful outside of flying, but how to make it clear that we're committed to trying something else and won't bolt the moment a new airline comes along!
As I've previously mentioned, it's a bit of a catch-22. The only way you can show that you're committed to a new career is to have made a significant investment in terms of money, time or both in that new career. But time and money are two things most pilots won't have now with bills needing to be paid. Hence, it is only the lucky few or those with prior skills and qualifications who will be finding non-menial work.