PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines Going Under
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 18:15
highflyer40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Clog
I'm all about optimism. And fully understand the HUGE pent up demand of travellers wanting to go on their holidays once this is all over. Indeed, there will be massive demand, particularly from the Brits, the Mainland Chinese, and Northern Europeans

However ... ticket prices will not only be double to triple (think paying biz class for a crappy eco ticket), due to social distancing requirements, but on top of that, your average punter is going to be BROKE AND ON HIS ASS financially for the next few years. So unless you're a complete idiot, you don't blow what little money you have on a weekend jolly to Ibiza at 2-3 inflated prices, but save it for a rainy day like we should have all been doing for years all along. But we were too greedy. The sensible would surely opt for a staycation particularly with a caravan. And avoid flying at all costs.

Has anyone thought of buying campers and caravans up en masse in the UK to satisfy the coming summer UK market? Another business idea.... you can have that one for free.
I would rather stay home than do a 2 week holiday in the U.K. with the same crap weather I would have at home.