PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe fires 25% of pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 10:07
TheHack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3wheels
Nothing unusual about that.
The boss will get rid of people he doesn’t get on with first, followed by those on the highest salary, whilst still able to meet commitments.
The days of “first in last out” don’t exist any more and haven’t done so for a long time.
Depends if there is any policy like "first in last out" is in place. I think you'll need a good reason to divert from policies. Obviously it's the disposal of the Falcon fleet... or is it just because the demography is quite high in this company, as far as i know... i hope i do not trigger anyone, to make you sure, im not defending this whole situation nor think that this is fair at all.

Nevertheless, there must be really something bad going on if you are one of the first "big one" who fires people with this well advertised Berkshire Heathaway background.
I can imaging that there's even a damage to the brand itself in the eyes of the current and future aircraft share holders. Like, "NetJets looses trust and founding of Berkshire Heathaway"(which is greatly advertised, at least to my knowledge) so why would i buy a aircraft share at a company at high risk?
Same goes for crew. Yes, obviously they offer a really nice package but in the first sight of a crisis you have a great chance of beeing fired, regardless of seniority number... and you can't count on the huge background as well...
So, i think there is anything big going on if they risk all of that. (Please correct me if im wrong with my thoughts).