PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 AAIB Report: Mayday/emergency landing due to fuel additive error
Old 25th Apr 2020, 14:44
Salusa

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Webby737
I agree with this, even for someone like me whose first language is English the Airbus manuals can sometimes be hard work.

One small example of this, if you look in one of the uncustomised manuals (The SRM for example) Airbus will list each and every MSN, one list might be the A319, another the A320 etc, etc. Why couldn't they just state A319, A320 or Effectivity ALL ?
The effectivity can be filtered in Airnav or AirnavX but it doesn't always work.

Boeing make your life easier with "Effectivity ALL" or B737-700 etc.
Agreed 100%

I'm B1. 3 (Turbine Helicopters) and the difference between Airbus/Leonardo vs Bell/Sikorsky is a world apart.

Euro manuals are dumbed down to the point of the lowest common denominator, but somehow manage to complicate it even further!

​​No schematics or system explanation in Euro. Just an idiots guide which you are expected to follow verbatim.

Literally two pages of instructions to remove a Filter with illogical cross references and tasks, rather than "remove the filter".

Now whilst not relevant to this particular incident its a pointer of what is wrong these days.

The qualifications required to obtain a LAME has been dumbed down and now we are seeing the results. EASA standards are not universal across EASA.

​​​​​

​​