PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident Near Mangalore Airport - Possibly 2 Aircraft down
Old 24th Apr 2020, 12:28
Nomde plume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoosten

Stomping your feet and demanding that traffic be given earlier is analogous to a 6 year old child asking her mother why she can't go to the pub.

4 people aren’t dead because a 6 year old couldn’t go to the pub.
JQF needed that traffic info at taxi because that’s when they had an opportunity to do something about it.

The moment you take off and enter IMC you can do nothing other than climb to LSALT/MSA at an absolute minimum. That’s exactly all they did.

The only thing (sans TCAS) that stops an IFR-IFR collision in IMC in class G airspace is accurate, clear and timely traffic information. The report offers nothing to the first two parameters but is damning of the third.

People are rightfully upset about this. Many pilots on here have lost friends and mentors in this accident.

Go and jump in the driver’s seat of your car on a rainy night with a blindfold on and think about who you’re going to ask to sit in the passengers seat giving you directions.

Don’t try and play down the seriousness of this accident and say all pilots here are 6 year olds. We place an incredible amount of trust in ATC. I have no problem placing my trust in the guys and girls on the other end of the radio. I will continue to place my trust in them.

But something happened here that let them down. It’s not going to be put down to the fact that a CTA boundary 20nm away meant it was all too hard.