PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 12:58
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckflyer
Just to show why me and many have very little sympathy for the company.
A mate of mine in a base in Poland, who had been working there for a few years, suddenly his wife had a stroke, and was rushed to hospital as she was hanging on to her life.
The lack of sympathy shown by the BC and the company, was less than impressive. While he was in the ICU with his wife, they questioned if this situation was real or not, BC requesting him to come into the base with documentation, while he needed to be with his wives side, as this was obviously more important for normal people, but not for some at Wizz.

As he told me, the lazy BC could have taken the time to come to the hospital, and than he would have been able to see for himself what was going on. He was forced to use his leave days, and was being pressurized to come back to work ASP, not much compassion.
That is down to the individual BC.
I could tell you 5 stories of empathy and good treatment for every bad story you mention, but it would be a waste of time.

There are bad apples and bad managers in every company, not just Wizzair.

I have nothing but good things to say about the BC I had the chance to meet in Wizzair.

Last edited by dirk85; 24th Apr 2020 at 11:42.