PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 11:35
BBK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bora Bora
That there is a hate towards Branson at the public at large seems abundantly clear, and I guess we just have to live with it. But to read on PPRuNe how fellow pilots actively try to shoot down another airline – I find it reprehensible.

There are airlines I don’t particularly care for, some I almost detest, but I would NEVER go on this board and actively try to talk-up why this particular company should fail. I just do not get this mindset to do this to fellow pilots who love their job and who have families to feed. Is this where we want to go? Let’s try to be supportive of each other’s plight. Isn’t there enough grief in the world at the moment?

Well said Bora Bora. I think these people are in the wrong forum. They should be on the ...

Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Problem solved! Then they can leave this forum to the professionals. I doubt very much that any self respecting professional pilot would want to see a fellow colleague lose their job.

Just one last point about the viability of VS. No company can survive if the government does not allow it to function. VS would not need assistance if they could fly their passengers. Any company that can fill up six Jumbos to just one destination in the summer must be getting something right.