PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 09:01
FlexToga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckflyer
Just to show why me and many have very little sympathy for the company.
A mate of mine in a base in Poland, who had been working there for a few years, suddenly his wife had a stroke, and was rushed to hospital as she was hanging on to her life.
The lack of sympathy shown by the BC and the company, was less than impressive. While he was in the ICU with his wife, they questioned if this situation was real or not, BC requesting him to come into the base with documentation, while he needed to be with his wives side, as this was obviously more important for normal people, but not for some at Wizz.

As he told me, the lazy BC could have taken the time to come to the hospital, and than he would have been able to see for himself what was going on. He was forced to use his leave days, and was being pressurized to come back to work ASP, not much compassion.
That BC is just a miserable person. But hey!, no surprise for the treatment received. A pilot who needed to go for Sim positioning from his base to Uk, WZZ forgot to book his ticket. OCC and logistics didn't help, so he ended up calling to BC to try to find a solution. The BC screamed at him badly menacing at him with a negative record affecting his upgrade if he was not buying his own ticket to go to the sim. The poor guy at the end needed to buy a 500 euros ticket. The company never reimbursed the money to him.