PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Airways. The end.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 04:35
missingblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CurlyB
I'm loving the fact that a lot of the comments calling out the racist letter (rightly) have their own racist connotations.

If you think that black people are the better off demographic in SA I think you are being naive...
TWO POINTS:

1. The irony here is that the non white pilots at SAA who are here pleading to keep their jobs are actually the individuals who will MOST EASILY get new jobs once SAA fails. Because the government sets race transformation employment targets for all companies the other airlines in the country are desperate for non white pilots to meet their targets and will hire them quickly.

2. The ridiculous argument they make about transformation in aviation coming to a halt if SAA dont keep them in a job is also false. SAA stopped its Cadet scheme years ago and thus isn't doing any more 'transformation' . Ironically some of the other privately (dare I say white ?) owned airlines like Comair are now the ones running cadet/bursary schemes for non white pilots.

You cant make this nonsense up and the authors of that letter should be absolutely ashamed of themselves - after they have been handed their entire careers on a platter by the taxpayer - they want more...?