PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair in financial difficulty?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 23:15
FGE319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racedo
The vouchers must be used by April 2021................................. does it say the Flights must be booked and used by April 2021 ?
Somehow I doubt that which means you already have close to 2 years on it.
We're owed around £200 at the moment by Ryanair as we were due to travel a few times on blocks of 4 days off where the wife could get time off too. Vouchers are useless for us due to the following:

We're already booked away in August, so that's 5 flights with 5 airlines to 5 countries. Ryanair only flies to 3 of these and was only scheduled on 1 of the routes as that's all they operate. Ryanair also don't operate the AN-140, which is a plane we've tried to get on twice (there's only one left in passenger service globally) and ended up with an AN-24 (which is equally as interesting).

November (if it's possible) will need to be booked. Wizz offer at least double daily from Luton on the 2 routes it's likely to be, Ryanair only daily on 1, 10 a week on the other. We'll be travelling for an annual event, so no picking and choosing where or when.

That leaves a week of leave that will be taken in January/February, which is usually on a route that again Wizz serve with a quick connection through several European airports, or Ryanair with an overnight in either Bologna or Marseille due to timings, with a much more inconvenient arrival time.

I will be using them for a cigarette run as soon as flights are operating (likely book, fly on the next block of days off), but that will come to nowhere near £200. At least I hope it doesn't as the savings on what I bring back at a time don't come to much more than that. I usually bring back a few blocks every time I get a chance with work (which isn't often), however the stash ran completely dry a few weeks ago.

As mentioned above though, Ryanair are in legal default of their financial obligations, and there has been no exemption made to the legislation as far as I can see. They are therefore resting on the mercy of the traveller. Like many others, we'd specifically requested a refund, which was changed to a voucher by them. I was personally happy to wait a few more weeks, however am now on the verge of taking a zero-tolerance stance with the company.

I work for a carrier not mentioned at all in this post, but often use other airlines for convenience.