PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 09:16
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Max Stryker
OK, guys: I've read a few patent untruths here, that made me write this comment - and I almost always just lurk on pprune.

WZZ is far from a perfect company, and I think we all agree that the salaries aren't what they should be and that confair contracts are a part of what's wrong with aviation today. That being said, it is not the devil incarnate that some guys here are making it out to be. As far as fatigue reports go, I don't know of a single time when someone got called into the office becuse of one. I use them myself, and will regularly file three to four a year, together with calling unfit to fly, after truly challenging duties coming at the tail end of a series of difficult duty days. I was always removed from the roster for the subsequent day with no questions asked, and the only time the fatigue team actually called me is a single time that they wanted to ask if they could use my report in fatigue training.
I agree we need to be objective here and do not deviate of the main threat. I never felt pressure from the company times that I called fatigue.

in other hand I think people is upset for the way that the company treat them at the end without reason, maybe wrong strategy by WIZZAIR or maybe correct... the time will say.

maybe the common sense it would be to take 2 months of reduction salaries and analyze the market for starting to fly in June like Ryanair did it. They would not close any door and keep their pilots ready to fly as soon as the market start to recover but they have been selfish in that way and maybe lot of pilots will find a job and never will return after the crisis finish.

time will say but for sure the strategy was completely opposite of Ryanair that always has been a mirror for WIZZ.