PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private equity take-over for Virgin Australia?
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 05:04
BNEA320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hotnhigh
I was going to start with one word 320, deluded. However, I might as well continue.....if it was just so easy. The corporates, ie. the higher yielding mob want consistency of service, more than two flights to choose from, a lounge and points. I think virgin will come out the other end with a refocus on what’s important, but if you think the recipe you have described will bring instant success, I beg to differ.
The higher yielding punters won’t be bothered with the risk to begin with. It will take a long time to regain confidence and forward bookings.
one word
RECESSION

If new airline has as many flights say BNE/SYD, SYD/MEL & MEL/BNE as QF & work out cheaper, many corporate travel managers will be getting staff to fly the cheapest full service option, ie. new airline, but not junkstar, as not enough frequency for disrupts.

New airline could have exactly the same everything as QF, as least for BNE, SYD & MEL but much lower cost base.

SO higher yielding punters, will bother with QF who nearly went belly up 7 years ago ?