PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair in financial difficulty?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 09:44
Citationcj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FGE319
The husband of one of our Captains has given Ryanair another 7 days to pay before taking the matter to court, with the ultimate intention of having them wound up if they don't pay.

He is in business and is very legally minded (but not a lawyer), and I believe his intention is to force them to pay up as soon as possible rather than having to wait. I have no doubts he'll follow it through if they don't, so taking a tough stance will likely work against them, as (his words) they're not going to risk having to clear all their liabilities to avoid bankruptcy, so it won't go that far, therefore payment on receipt of a statutory demand is very likely.

I was looking earlier and was surprised the cost of getting to the stage where it could land them in extreme financial trouble is less than £400 (in the UK, not sure if the second part would have to be done in Ireland), which naturally they'd have to pay on top of the flights they owe him for already (not sure how many/how much).

I've only met him briefly, but I wouldn't want to call his bluff if I were in FR's position.
Bringing Ryanair to court will get you nowhere, no matter what your legal status is. Especially now, theres a high amount of leverage given to companies in a bid to let them survive. Sure the whole EU thing is falling apart, even the GDPR is gone out the window! Things are changing

just look at their history of people bringing them to court. They always win, even if they loose in court.
They will drag you down financially in your court fees, appeals, until you eventually give up. They have money and you dont. Never underestimate rich people, money buy things.

As of now, a company that makes Billions of euro profits on every quarterly return, they have those billions sitting in the bank.

And the most scariest part here is, that when this Covid is gone, highly likely there will be only Ryanair that survives this war, which you know what will happen with the dominance of market. I wont go into this!