PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 20th Apr 2020, 14:51
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called fatigue three or four times in 24 months and never had the pleasure to fly to Budapest for any meeting. As for the sick pay a lot changed whether you were on Confair or local contract, I called sick maybe once and I don't recall any deduction, but then again one day of base salary would have made almost no difference on a normal salary so I might not have noticed anyway.
Despite flying less hours and having more days off and hp days I am far more fatigued in my orange airline than I ever was in Wizz, probably due to the higher number of sectors and busier airports. Or me getting older maybe.
The number of fatigue reports are not comparable also for another reason, especially on the cabin crew side: the work ethic in Eastern Europe was definitely different than here in my experience, and before you mention the fear of losing on salary, a UK easyJet cabin crew struggle to make ends meet more than a RIX or VNO Wizzair cabin crew, given the slavery kind of money they all get in both companies and the relative cost of life.