PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 05:08
GiBrMn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ND_98
Hi again everyone,
Last month I successfully passed my RAAF OSB for pilot. Is there anyone else on this forum who is currently awaiting a letter of offer?
Also, I currently work full time and have not studied since i graduated high school in 2016. I undertook an extension mathematics bridging course last year, after i was told in 2017 that my mathematics was not competitive enough to send me to the old flight screening program when that used to run. Is there any other short courses or study that I could take on to make my application look better? I am considering starting a 3 year aviation based degree but not sure if it is worth taking on such a big commitment at this stage.
Thanks.
Hey Mate, I just got my letter of offer so hopefully your one is coming too. Don't stress to hard if you don't get one though as I did my OSB in September last year and only just now received it. If you wan't to do a degree then do one, but do it with the assumption you won't get in as a pilot and it will lead you down a career path you want. If you don't want a big commitment then I'd say your best bet is to do short term high reward things like volunteering or getting a job that has you leading a team of people.