PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now we see the big picture
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 02:11
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
I’ll go for the nation that hasn’t had a Great Leap Forward, a Cultural Revolution, a Tiananmen Square massacre, ‘social credit points’, a million Uighurs in concentration camps and a communist dictatorship as the deciding factor. But each to their own. I’m not that keen on either option myself, but it seems that only one of them has a heap of people desperate to migrate there.
What about the one that had a genocide of native Americans, was one of the last in the Western world to abolish slavery only after a civil war when half the country rebelled to keep slaves, cops who get incredibly trigger happy (the police murder of Australian expat Justine Damond in America recently is one great example) , an NSA spying regime, has bombed and invaded numerous nations for financial gain, has overthrown dozens of democratically elected governments to replace them with dictators when those democratically elected governments don’t toe the line, has the worlds highest prison population (total and per capita), has a much high murder and crime rate than most of the western world?

You could probably say that a nation that didn’t recognise its indigenous population as human beings until 1967 probably deserves to be in the same category as well.......