PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private equity take-over for Virgin Australia?
Old 19th Apr 2020, 00:01
Colonel_Klink

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Renton Field
Spot on to both the above.
There seems to be a bit of hidden motivation,both here and on the other larger ‘Government Loan’ thread,from many of the same repeat posters.
First, it’s “Market forces should be the only determinant of VAs fate,so let it collapse.” But in the next breath,”Oh,it’s okay to allow government intervention in the market to stop fare gouging when there’s only one operator.”
Secondly,it’s “No,no,no taxpayer money for VA,let the shareholders/new investors do it.”
Then,when that is rumoured to be happening, it’s “No way,no Chinese owned domestic airline in Oz,FIRB please fix this.”
Next “Oh,get real, the story was started in some dodgy rag and no one with any credibility will report it,”.And allegedly started by an incompetent media team who took out pointless,expensive, full page anti-monopoly ads,but somehow they were so effective on this ‘fake news’,it’s now the main story relating to VA across the media.
Also,VA was/is “badly managed for over a decade,they’re a joke,they’re culture sucks,blah,blah”.But it was badly managed by somebody who got ALL his airline experience over the road at the Q,and got involved in a pi$$ing competition with their own short man.
There appears to be an inference that the level of past management/talent/ability/attitude (or lack of it) permeates through all employees at the company.Thank god this isn’t true at either VA or the Q.
There’s some truly miserable bastards around,who seem so convinced of their own supremacy that all opposition must be ground into dust,whatever the cost,or maybe the opposite.Perhaps a little insecure that the reaper may be coming for their own very valuable and highly skilled souls at any moment?
Most likely a little too much isolation fever/ red wine/fear of the unknown I reckon..
And yeah,it’s a RUMOUR site,for sure,so all bets are off,but starting or finishing a nasty-for-it’s-own-sake post with “I really hope VA survive,I really do” then sticking the knife in won’t cut it.
There’s not a lot of solidarity from some.Bit of a shame really.
This is spot on 👏👏👏