PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT buys CONDOR
Thread: LOT buys CONDOR
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 15:14
lederhosen

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
It is hard to imagine how this is going to have a happy ending. Maybe just maybe there will be business for A320s in the foreseeable future, probably Palma, Canaries and the eastern Med. Low fuel costs and a massive reduction in personnel might swing it. The name certainly has value despite Thomas Cook's calamitous attempts at rebranding, but a Condor reborn out of the ashes without any of the baggage from its previous existence is perhaps more likely. Germany has plenty of form in having charter airlines go bust, Aero Lloyd, Hamburg International, Air Berlin and Germania are just a few that spring to mind and that was when times were good. It all depends how long it takes for any kind of international tourism to restart. I am sure the Spanish will want incoming holiday makers just as soon as possible. But low cost hotels and high density charter flights would not seem the obvious starting point, unless corona parties become state strategy to kick off further waves of infection. I loved flying to Palma, sometimes twice in a day. I miss the view over the Alps in the early morning. But I cannot see myself back in that life any time soon.