PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enrolling to Flying School in this dark time, Yay or Nay???
Old 15th Apr 2020, 23:31
Droste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Green Light for Malaysia Flight Training

Dear TS himo,

We are in the Southeast Asia region, and I understand regional aviation industry well.

1. IMF has predicted Malaysia a good and positive GDP growth next year (in fact, out perform other ASEAN countries). Malaysia will recover and perform well after this pandemic. PM Muhyiddin Yassin has been handling this pandemic well and this helps Muhyiddin's administration scored good points! Hence, Malaysia economy will be stable until GE15 (of course, after pandemic). So, overall job market in Malaysia aviation should be fairly alright.

2. You are a University graduate and that is "crème de la crème"! Your future of getting into Malaysia air-operator is well ahead of those who are holding STPM/SPM. Also, did you know that most Malaysian pilots are non-University graduate? You definitely stand out among those without holding academic Degree.

3. Did you know that pilot training in Malaysia typically takes about 2 years? All air-operators in Malaysia will still be around after you got your CAAM frozen ATPL and by the time you are ready to apply for pilot job.

You are right about the pilot training fees and it will be increased next year, 2021.

If you like to enroll, I can recommend you a school in Malaysia to enter. The boss and school in-charge knows me. If I have time, I may bring you to the school to have a chat with the head. Send me your private message (with your Line/WeChat ID).