PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 04:22
210Terry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DanV2
Getting back on topic re Jetstar. The companies QF owns less than 49% of, I can see them exiting (Jetstar Pacific, Jetstar Japan, etc). As for Jetstar NZ, there's also a good chance of JQ exiting that and transferring those aircraft back to Australian Domestic/Trans-Tasman runs. JQ has already exited regional NZ operations and transferred those aircraft back to QFLink.

Assuming that SIA doesn't have a 4th attempt at the Australian domestic market, I could see QF exiting 3K (Jetstar Asia) being a possibility by selling their 49% stake to another company.

Either way, JQi in Australia is a good chance of being decimated if not folded up entirely. A post COVID-19 JQ-i could have their international flying reduced to just Trans-Tasman, Fiji and Bali "bogan-bus" flying with A320neos and A321LRs, whilst exiting long-haul completely with the 788 fleet transferred to QF mainline.
They exited regional because there isn't enough work in NZ for two regional carriers. You're joking right? Why would they pull their NZ jet operation? ANZ is already weakened their position in NZ. Now would be a good time to capitalize on that. If things really start looking bad towards 12 months and most of their cash burnt through they will sell off 3K (vietnam) and JQ japan.