PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Uprt-Loc update
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2020, 12:45
greeners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djpil
Have they joined hands yet?
I’ve been looking around online at courses and I see quite a few (not greeners’ naturally) that are 3 hrs in an aeroplane rather than 3 of actual UPRT.

I’m interested in seeing this clarified for all but I don’t see it?
No confirmation as yet I'm afraid. I appreciate that despite the response I received directly from the EASA RMG Project Manager confirming that the requirement SHOULD be 3 hours of actual UPRT, we need to get formal confirmation from the CAA.

In the interim we will sadly continue with the uncomfortable and non-level playing field that currently exists. As I understand it, right now Ultimate High (for transparency, my company), CRM Aviation and FPT (the three longest standing UPRT providers) all ensure that their FCL.745.A courses deliver 3 hours of actual UPRT. On-Track, Skyborne, Aviation South West and the BAA show only 3 hours airborne on their website; Leading Edge doesn't specify the flight time. L3H and BCFT insist on 3 hours of actual UPRT, I'm not sure how CAE or Aeros are planning on meeting the 745 requirement yet.

It will be great to get what should be a very straightforward issue resolved prior to professional flight training getting back off the ground.