PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2020, 07:02
directimped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Keg;10747269]The feedback from friends and siblings in the corporate world is that Zoom meetings have enforced how important it is to get proper face to face time. Body language, verbal inflections in the voice that are hidden in Zoom meetings, the ability to have quick side chats with multiple players once the ‘formalities’ are done. They all indicate that they can’t wait to get moving again.

/QUOTE]
that is not what I have been hearing at all, quite the opposite in fact. My parents in law (both office workers, one self employed) are both planning to switch to more online communication. Especially being of an older generation, this has been a forced introduction to technology. Othes are hoping to push for more working from home, if only a few days a week. On top of that, many businesses will need to recover losses in the years ahead and any non essential travel will be the first to go.

Not to say that business travel is over, of course not. However it will be significantly reduced and I think it isn't hard to draw that conclusion. It's about time too, we weren't fully utilising video conferencing in the way that we should have been.

​​Why do we spend hours each day sitting in cars/trains only to sir at a desk etc when such work can be done from home? Quite frankly it's ridiculous. It isn't 1950 anymore.