PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 23:02
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
Really?

In the short term I predict almost the opposite.

In the early stages of the recovery, I predict very little JQ domestic, and QF INTL flying will remain at the skeleton freight/govt subsidised level.

Do you think JQ will pick up because Jack and Shazza missed out on their Easter Gold Coast apartment booking, and they might get to re-use their credit in September? Do you think the $89 credit that Jetstar is withholding from Jack and Shazza is going to hold up the business so they can shut down QF mainline?

QF domestic wiill increase in accordance with demand based on relaxations to business travel, not leisure. That is why JQ will not recover as quickly as QF domestic.
I think you’ll find that businesses who have been using Skype/zoom meetings for 6,12,18 months (however long this crisis lasts) will begin to wonder why they’re spending the time and money to send people around the country for business meetings. That’s the feedback from my friends in the corporate world. It obviously won’t disappear entirely but a percentage of that traffic may not exist in the post COVID 19 world.

However Shazza still can’t skype in that holiday to the Gold Coast. If restrictions are lifted in time for schoolies or the Christmas school holidays, I think you’ll find there will be plenty of leisure demand.