PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coming Battle
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 09:00
petrichor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another seemingly erudite post by Traf - and yet in essence, more of the same call to arms with no consideration of leverage, position, unity or appreciation of the current situation. I wonder though, whether Traf actually did anything of substance for the betterment of his fellow pilots during his long and lucrative career in cx, or whether he was just a ranter on the forums kind of guy? Have you ever served on the GC or negotiation teams Traf? And why are we assuming that generation of pilots are so upstanding United? A number were indeed excellent role models however in my experience, the majority didn’t turn up to the party in ‘99, quit the AOA post 49’ers, took extensions screwing the command time and basing opportunities for B scalers, took CoS 08 (our last meaningful position of REAL leverage given away by the AOA), and then went into sim STC positions. So to try and belittle the younger generation of cx pilots on the basis of “moral and professional superiority” is just crass.

The only way to achieve progress is through unity - something that disappeared from the AOA years ago and is unlikely to come back anytime soon. Yes I agree with stopping the degradations, but realism is also required! Change the record Traf, it’s boring.